So. I need volunteers. Actually, groups.
Light as a feather, stiff as a board
Slumberparty game for teenage girl--raise your hands, you totally know you played this. I swear I next time I am at a fannish gathering I will hunt down five people and try this one again.
Okay, so from memory, you stretch out the
So went to look it up, being in the mood to creepy myself out, adn this is what I found.
Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board Levitation Trick
Here's the part that will require volunteers.
Cut and pasted from the page, though it has a fairly good description of pretty much what I did when I was a kid.
This levitating trick is really quite scientific and not paranormal in nature it has to do with HUMAN DIAMAGNETISM GRAVITY ANTENNA LEVITATION, you can read Richard LeFors Clark's book on this and you might gain a better insight into levitation and how to make it work for you and what's behind it.
Some of the information below is taken from Richard LeFors Clark's book.
Diamagnetism is essentially a magnetic-neutral zone existing between a north and south magnetic field, which can be exploited for purposes of levitation.
Ok Ok - I hear you saying "Just tell us how to do it" - without going into the deep and meaningful scientific explanations which you can read about in Mr Clarks book, the basic thing you need to do to make the levitation work for you is:
1. Have 5 people and a steady chair ready, willing and able to help you in your levitation trick.
2. Decide who is going to be the person you levitate - put that person in the chair -
tell them to sit down, shut up and hang on :).
3. Sit the chair to face due West (sometimes this will work with the chair facing due North - if nothing happens try changing the position).
4. Stand 4 people around the chair in a square i.e. 2 people behind the shoulders and two at either knee (see diagram).
5. The person who is going to be levitated must sit relaxed, with both feet together on the floor, hands in lap.
6. All four participants surrounding the person in the chair should now extend their hands out with fists clenched except two fingers. Palms down, the person beside the shoulder places his or her fingers under the armpit - the person beside the knee places his or her fingers under the knee (you get the idea) - together everyone should try to lift the person in the chair first off before you do anything. You should find that you cannot do it.
7. Try again BUT THIS TIME........ - Everyone place their hands one on top of the other upon the chair sitters head - press down slightly (don't cave the poor persons head in) - no two hands of the one person should be touching each other i.e. one hand of each person on top of the other. Lay your hands as if you would heal this person in the chair! - In unison count to ten - on the count of nine remove all hands QUICKLY together and place under the person in the chair (under armpits and knees), on the count of TEN lift and UP THEY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
If you keep counting you should easily be able to hold the person up in the air while you count and lift down again slowly. GIVE IT A GO!!!!!!!!!
You know, I remember doing this unsuccessfully and semi-successfully many time. Except once, we did it, it really worked, and it scared us badly. Good times.
So. Who wants to try it? Or do I need to wait for a con?
(seriously. would people mock me to death if I started recruiting for that? more importantly, would I care? Hmm.)